When you have a home for sale, whether it is here in Pasadena CA or elsewhere, you want it to both show well and to be seen by as many buyers as possible. So there are a few key things to keep in mind as you place your home on the market to ensure that your home will be seen and shown to its best advantage.
READ MORE: Pasadena Real Estate Guide
Here are the Top 5 Tips for Showing Your Home:
- Make It Available-Allow buyers to see your home at times that make sense. Limiting showing hours to a couple hours a day or making appointment times difficult turns buyers and their agents off. Houses can only sell when buyers are able see them.
- Let the Real Estate Agents Show Your Home-Resist the temptation to show your home yourself. Buyers will be more comfortable exploring and getting to know your home when they don't feel like they are invading your space.
- Take Your Pets With You-If at all possible, take your pets with you during showings. During the day while at work, consider leaving your pets with a neighbor, friend or family member. Hiring a pet sitter is always a great option as well.
- Leave the Lights On-Even during the day. A home shows better when it is well-lit. Be sure to leave all of the curtains and blinds open to let in as much natural sunlight as possible. Remember climate control too. You want the temperature in your home to be comfortable so that buyers will want to linger.
- Do a Quick Tidy Up Each Morning & Evening-Keeping your home tidy and fresh is imperative to having it show well. Now that you have packed your extra items, thoroughly cleaned your home & yard and staged it to perfection, you will want to give it a daily dusting, vacuuming and wipe down. Pick up and tidy up every evening before bed and be sure to take out all trash. Each morning before you head out for the day, toss the used towels in the washing machine and be sure all remaining towels are neatly folded. Do not allow any laundry to accumulate. Keep all toiletries in the drawers and cupboards. Keep the sinks empty and if you are using fresh flowers, be sure to change the water daily.
Keep these simple tips in mind each day while your home is on the market and make it easy for buyers to see your home. The easier it is for buyers to see your home, the easier it will be for you to get it sold!
[gravityform id=3 name=Question? Just Ask!]