Search All La Canada Flintridge Homes and Condos for Sale
La Canada Flintridge, California is a small city with a small town community environment. The city is considered one of the more upper crust cities in Los Angeles county. With its vast homes and spacious, tree-lined streets, this city is a beautiful place to visit and to live. This grand city is only twenty minutes from downtown Los Angeles and is considered one of the premier communities in the area. The small community of La Canada Flintridge is one that seems to thrive on families and children. The 20,000 plus residents provide a sense of community involvement, making this a great place to raise children and foster families.
La Canada Flintridge's Main Attractions
The Chilao Recreation area is a great spot for those who like to go into the wild and embrace a camping experience. The camping area has three loops and spaces are filled on a first come first served basis. With a Silver Moccasin Trail for adventure and the low price of only $12 per vehicle, this is a great attraction for families who are visiting the area or just want to get away from it all.
The Descanso Gardens is also a beautiful attraction in the town of La Canada Flintridge. The beautiful gardens are full of all types of flowers and fountains. The 160 acre garden provides constant plants and woodlands of beauty and seasonal displays throughout the year. This provides a relaxing destination for visitors from all over the world. The gardens specialize in the beautiful Camellias and have been around since the 1930s.
The Mount Wilson Observatory is home to some of the best astronomical viewing in America. Its high elevation provides unmatched viewing potential for the stars and planets. The observatory is home to two telescopes: the Hale telescope and the Hooker telescope, which was the largest telescope in the world up until the year 1948. This is one of the most famous and well-respected observatories in America.
Home to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
History of La Canada Flintridge
This area was once known as Rancho La Canada in the Spanish era. The original owner of the valley was a Mexican teacher named Ignacio Coronel. Around 2976, La Canada was incorporated and the once separated areas were joined into one. This city has the longest city name in California. Officials in the city purposely did not hyphenate the city name to announce its unity.
* The land was given to a Mexican school teacher named Ignacio Coronel. He named the valley Rancho La Canada.
* The school systems in the area are rated as some of the best in California and are in the top 5%.
* La Canada Flintridge is only 20 minutes from the large city of Los Angeles.
* La Canada Flintridge is home to a community center and a YMCA. There is also a movie theater and a library in the town.
* The city became incorporated on November 30, 1976.
* The city of La Canada Flintridge provides a free shuttle bus service for its residents.
* There are approximately 7,000 residences in La Canada Flintridge.
* This small community has a median income range of $109,989.
* In 2010 this city was rated by Forbes magazine as being the 143rd most expensive city living in America.
* The climate consists of mild winters and hot summers, the same climate that is typical of all Southern California cities.
Learn more about La Cañada here.
Newest La Canada/ Flintridge Real Estate Listings
This single story Mid Century home is located close to the local elementary school. Offering an open floor plan, gleaming oak hardwood floors, recessed lighting, and cro...
- Beds 3
- Baths 3.0
- MLS 214014638
CUL-DE-SAC BEAUTY!!! Located in the award winning La Canada School District, this home is in move in condition. Features include four upstairs bedrooms with large close...
- Beds 4
- Baths 3.0
- MLS 214015092
This beautiful 4 bed, 4 1/2 bath home was tastefully remodeled and expanded in 2005. The home features a large living room with warm fireplace and family room with built...
- Beds 4
- Baths 5.0
- MLS 214014898
Welcome to 1341 Flanders Road! This single story home is located on a beautiful tree lined street in desirable La Canada Flintridge; complete with it's own huge oak tree ...
- Beds 3
- Baths 2.0
- MLS SR14078328
Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. © 2014 CARETS ®
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…